PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY of the Principal, Capt. Saleem Zaheer
Over 40 years of international experience in operational and senior leadership roles across countries and cultures, spanning the gamut of aviation - low cost and legacy airlines, corporate aviation and the military.
Well balanced between big-picture visioning and nuts-and-bolts project execution.
Disciplined. Far-sighted. Focused. Empathetic.
Significant hands-on leadership experience in airline operations, including:
- Defining strategic airline needs in terms of processes, systems, leadership development and training
- Evaluating new products and software for ops applications; vendor contract negotiations; incorporation of new systems and software
- Formulating large financial and manpower budgets; conducting staff appraisals
- Setting policy for and ensuring effective delivery of all Flight Operations functions, Flight Safety, Training and Standards
- Ensuring good pilot and staff morale and welfare
- Managing airline Operations Control, Flight Dispatch and Crew Scheduling functions
- Leading Multi-Cultural/Multi-National teams. Managed over 30 nationalities of pilots and ops personnel - Working with Governmental and Aviation Regulatory Authorities at senior levels
Dec 13 – Aug 16 Member, NAMAC (National Airspace Management and Advisory Committee) India
The NAMAC comprises senior appointees from the Airports Authority of India, Defense Forces, Indian Space Research Organization, and airlines to decide on most efficient usage of Indian airspace between civil and military requirements.
May 16 Aviation Expert, Aerospace & Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC)
Appointed as an Aviation Expert to the AASSC by the Indian Ministry of Civil Aviation. The AASSC is the aviation component of the important "Skill India" initiative launched by the Indian Government.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saleem-zaheer-b247025